As the new school year starts the details for the school holidays for the forth coming year are released. Now these differ from school to school slightly but in general accross the United Kingdom they form the following criteria:-
- Autumn Half Term – 22nd October – 30th October 2011
- Christmas – 17th December – 4th January 2012
- Spring Half Term – 11th February – 19th February 2012
- Easter – 4th April – 15th April 2012
- May Day Bank Holiday – Monday 7th May 2012
- Spring Bank Holiday – 4th June 2012
- Diamond Jubilee Holiday – 5th June 2012
- Summer Half Term – 2nd June – 17th June 2012
- Summer holidays 20th July – 4th September 2012
Once the school term starts the children are in school for 6-8 weeks then it is Autumn term for a week with the children breaking up on Friday 21st Occtober 2011*, then as the nights get darker and the weather gets colder it is the Christmas holiday and children break up on Friday 16th December 2011 and return in the new year on Wednesday 4th January 2012* as many parents are also returning to work.
The school year for 2012 starts here!
The children are in school for on average 6-8 weeks again and then the spring half term starts when children break up on Friday 10th February 2012* and return on Monday 20th February 2012. Easter 2012 falls on Sunday 8th April 2012 and the children break up in the week before on Wednesday 4th April 2012* and return on Monday 16th April 2012.
Public Bank holidays.
In 2012 there is an extra bank holiday and children are off school on June 4th and 5th June 2012 in celebration of Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee. Half term begins on 1st June 2012 when and the children return on 18th June 2012. Then children break up for the start of the summer holidays on Thursday 19th July 2012*
*Please check with your school the dates your child is off as dates can differ from region region and even school to school.